Rutgers Law–Camden is a thriving center of legal education, strengthened by our exceptional faculty who are widely recognized in various fields, including international law, health law, intellectual property, family and women’s rights law, and state constitutional law. Our alumni are leading members of the bar in public and private settings throughout the nation and also represent the judiciary, government, and the public interest.

A member of the Association of American Law Schools, Rutgers Law–Camden is on the list of approved schools of the American Bar Association. A three-year course of study for full-time students is offered as well as a four-year, part-time program leading to the awarding of the Juris Doctor degree.

The law school had its origin in the South Jersey Law School, which was established in Camden in 1926 by Arthur E. Armitage, Sr., and an interested group of citizens. In 1950, the School of Law merged with Rutgers University and, along with the Newark law school, became part of the State University School of Law. In accordance with a resolution of the Board of Governors, the Schools of Law–Camden and Newark were established as autonomous units on July 1, 1967.