With the intention of providing organizations with information and insight into conflict and its affects on organizations, our training division was created. Conflict may separate people and damage relationships. However, it is not the conflict itself, but the poor handling of the conflict that can cause irreparable damage.
Do you have the skills, tools and knowledge to address conflicts and prevent them from spiraling out of control? Our workshops and trainings are designed to provide you with well-tested and effective means for handling organizational conflicts.
Conflict Management: A Workshop for Organizations
Through the use of lecture, discussion and exercises, this two day workshop prepares participants to:
- identify the source of conflict and typical responses to them
- develop strategies and techniques for effective and active listening
- improve speaking skills and communication competencies
- take responsibility for resolving conflicts
- gather facts and information to lay the foundation for conflict resolution
- employ proven techniques of negotiation under varying circumstances
- understand the tools of mediation
Conflict Management System Design
This intense, in-house program includes the following:
- designing procedures
- strengthening motivation
- providing skills and resources
- mediation process and techniques
It is recommended that a team from the organization complete the two day workshop for organizations for maximum success in designing a system.
Together, we will design a policy and procedure for dealing with conflict in your organization. Effective conflict management will reduce turnover, positively affect the bottom line, and improve the reputation of the organization as an employer.
Organizational Coaching Program
This six month program is designed to teach your staff the sources of conflict and the management of conflict, listening and speaking skills, and resolving conflicts that occur in your organization. We will coach key members of your staff on an ongoing basis and support them by answering questions and by making suggestions regarding issues that arise pertaining to the principles taught.
Mediation for Organizations
- conflict, competition and cooperation
- conflict that is inherent in organizations
- listening, speaking, interpretation, reframing
- conflict resolution types and styles
- common interests, goals, the future
Upon request, we will create workshops for your organization addressing your specific needs.
To explore your options through the Rutgers Camden Mediation Center, call 856-225-2975.