Welcome to the Rutgers School of Law—Camden. Our dynamic community of leading scholars, highly qualified students, and distinguished alumni is constantly growing and advancing. Rutgers—Camden is distinctive, thanks to:
- Our faculty's commitment to scholarship and teaching. We have assembled an extraordinary group of scholars whose influence on a wide spectrum of public policy and academic issues is recognized nationally on an almost daily basis. Our faculty members bring an unparalleled devotion to teaching and a shared goal of enabling students to succeed.
- A curriculum that provides students with the critical foundation in law, and also encompasses emerging issues in critical areas such as environmental, health and intellectual property law.
- A highly motivated and diverse student body from across the country that takes passionate and active interest both in creating a vibrant law school community and in the wider community through a variety of issues and causes.
- A newly constructed, world-class law school facility, featuring state-of-the-art classrooms, a fully appointed moot courtroom, and extraordinary spaces for studying and building community.
- Innovative academic programs that support the rising trajectory of our school and our students, including a Legal Research and Writing program ranked among the nation's top 12 by U.S. News & World Report.
- A wide array of clinical and pro bono programs and courses that encourage students to obtain hands-on experience and represent clients, under the supervision of experienced lawyers, in civil matters and domestic violence cases as well as in revitalizing the Camden community. Students also gain valuable experience by working as externs in government and the private sector. Clinical programs include an innovative Children's Justice Clinic that serves high-risk youth. Other students make the law come alive through the Marshall-Brennan Program, whose members teach a course on constitutional rights and responsibilities in Camden-area public high schools, including a special curriculum on the history and future of democracy and the right to vote.
- An outstanding record of placing our students in high-quality first jobs upon graduation. Rutgers—Camden ranks second only to Yale in the percentage of graduates awarded judicial clerkships, which are the springboards to outstanding careers in both the public and private sectors. We are one of the fastest growing providers of legal talent to the Philadelphia market.
- An association of distinguished alumni who not only are leaders in the judiciary, government, law firms, business, and the public interest, but also lend unparalleled support both to students and recent graduates.
- The resources of Rutgers, a world-class research university, which supports the law school and offers collaborative opportunities in other disciplines, such as business, medicine, and planning and public policy.
At Rutgers—Camden, we are working toward a common goal: to become and be recognized as one of the outstanding public law schools in the United States and the preeminent institution training lawyers for New Jersey and the Philadelphia region. Whether you are a prospective student, a current student, a graduate, a practitioner, or a guest, we invite you to join us and look forward to welcoming you.
Rayman L. Solomon
Rutgers School of Law—Camden