This nuts-and-bolts program is a must for any attorney new to handling probate administration. The speakers will take you through the process of estate administration from start to finish, including a discussion of the filings involved and the tax and non-tax considerations that should be kept in mind as you settle the estate. Topics include:
• The Role and Responsibilities of the Surrogate
• Presenting an application for probate or administration in the Surrogate’s Court
• Probate practice in the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Probate Part
• Assisting fiduciaries with estate administration (marshaling assets, identifying and satisfying creditors and distributing interests to beneficiaries and heirs)
• Federal and state death tax filing requirements and considerations for payment of the taxes.
NJ CLE Information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3.3 hours of total CLE credit. This program also qualifies for NJ newly admitted CLE credit.
For more information, or to register, click here.