This program focuses on key issues of ethics and professionalism that are essential for all attorneys admitted to practice law. Topics include:
• ethical issues and best practice issues in forming the attorney-client relationship
• evaluating and addressing conflicts
• handling communications with clients, opposing counsel, the courts and third parties
• handling client funds
• handling client files and confidential information
• the disciplinary process and sanctions
• resources for attorneys
Though the program follows the curriculum and utilizes an instructional video set forth by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania for the PA Bridge the Gap requirement, it also covers New Jersey practice and divergences between the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York Rules of Professional Conduct.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in a lively discussion of ethical hypotheticals to illustrate the relevant and practical application of the rules in the daily practice of law.
NJ CLE Information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.8 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 4.8 qualify as hours of credit for ethics/professionalism.
Credits:CLE: NJ: 4.8 (incl. 4.8 ethics) | NY: 4.5 (incl. 4.5 ethics) | PA: 4.0 (incl. 4.0 ethics)
To register, log in to the Rutgers Institute Professional Education.